Install problems with BioC (was Re: [BioC] Bioconductor on Unix: cannot load the library affy)

Ramon Diaz rdiaz at cnio.es
Fri May 9 17:11:49 MEST 2003

Dear Johanne,

What error message are you getting? I think you are running Linux; could you
give more details?

Do you get the same error with another version of R? I just tried, and I do
not get any errors with R-1.6.2. Could this be a problem with R-1.7.0? If so,
then maybe we sould post a summary of this problem to R-help. What seems
strange, though, is that not many people seem to be experiencing this
problem.

Ramón

On Friday 09 May 2003 15:17, Duhaime Johanne wrote:
> Hellp
>
> I have installed the affy package alone. De-install it and Reinstall it
> without success. I used R CMD INSTALL affyXXX. In the lib directory created
> by the installation I do have the DESCRIPTION file installed.
>
> Thank you

Ramón Díaz-Uriarte
Bioinformatics Unit
Centro Nacional de Investigaciones Oncológicas (CNIO)
(Spanish National Cancer Center)
Melchor Fernández Almagro, 3
28029 Madrid (Spain)
Fax: +-34-91-224-6972