Install problems with BioC (was Re: [BioC] Bioconductor on Unix: cannot load the library affy)

Ramon Diaz rdiaz at cnio.es
Fri May 9 19:01:43 MEST 2003

> So let me make sure I understand you.  Using R-1.7.0 (but not
> R-1.6.X) using boht the release bundle *and* the getBioC() script you get
> packages w/o DESCRIPTION files?

Well, that is what I thought. But now I cannot reproduce the behavior with
getBioC(), and I am getting other sorts of weird errors, etc. So I am
starting to think that my setup is all messed up. I am gonna remove all of my
R installations and do a fresh install and will get back to you.

> How do you call getBioC()?

I "su", and then run R as root. When it starts I do:

source("getBioC.R")
getBioC()

> -J

Ramón Díaz-Uriarte
Bioinformatics Unit
Centro Nacional de Investigaciones Oncológicas (CNIO)
(Spanish National Cancer Center)
Melchor Fernández Almagro, 3
28029 Madrid (Spain)
Fax: +-34-91-224-6972