[BioC] Last call for Spring Affy Software Developers' Conferences

DevNet Devnet at affymetrix.com
Wed May 14 10:37:37 MEST 2003

 <<...OLE_Obj...>>

Dear Affymetrix Software Developers' Network member,

[Key phrases - Native Java File APIs; Message Board; Last Call for ADN
Conference]

Final call:
This will be our last call for the Spring 2003 ADN Conferences.  If you have
not taken the opportunity to sign up this year, don't worry, you'll probably
have another chance in the U.S. in 2004.  We are also planning a conference
in Tokyo in late 2003.

If you do want to attend one of the Spring conferences, visit our External
Developers Network Support
<http://www.affymetrix.com/support/developer/index.affx>  page or the ADN
Conference Registration <http://www.eci-events.com/AffyADN2003/>  site for
information about the conferences being held in Boston (May 29-30) and
Amsterdam (June 5-6).

Conference News and Activities:
Some of you have asked what we discuss at the conferences.  Past attendees
know we pre-announce system and file changes to the participants.  We also
unveil a few surprises.  And, we respond directly to the most important
issues raised at the meetings.

For example, last year's participants declared the need for Native Java APIs
to the Affymetrix Files.  We are now readying these for mid-year release,
and will discuss these at the Spring Conferences.

Participants also lobbied for an ADN Message Board so that they could
self-support themselves.  Again, an Affymetrix-sponsored Message Board will
be up in the next few weeks - a first for Affymetrix, and driven from the
ADN community.

And, since we are about to commence the transition from file-based MAS 5.x
to the data management-based GeneChip Operating Software (GCOS) Desktop, we
are offering hands on tutorials showing how one uses the APIs to GCOS and
the Affymetrix Files to integrate your systems and analysis programs with
the Affymetrix platform.

Technical Conference Highlights:

*	Hands on developers' workshop - you will develop apps with the
Affymetrix File and AIMS Software Developers' Kits.  Bring your laptops !
*	MAGE-ML and AADM resources for accessing array information
*	The new NetAffx Download Center
*	Native Java File APIs for UNIX platform support
*	System evolution (e.g. MAS to GCOS; file format changes)
*	New platform application opportunities (e.g. SNP, genotyping,
sequencing)
*	Customer and Vendor presentations highlighting integration of
Affymetrix Data and Systems into workflow and analysis environments:

If you were sent this message from DevNet, then you are a member of the
Affymetrix Developers Network (ADN) distribution list.  JOIN HERE
<mailto:DevNet at affymetrix.com?subject=ADD%20me%20to%20the%20ADN%20distributi
on>  if you are not a member, and would like to receive occasional Affy
software developer news and conference updates.  REQUEST REMOVAL
<mailto:DevNet at affymetrix.com?subject=REMOVE%20me%20from%20the%20ADN%20distr
ibution>  if you would like to leave the ADN distribution list.

	[[alternate HTML version deleted]]