[BioC] affy normalization

Matthew Hobbs mathob at gimr.garvan.unsw.edu.au
Fri May 16 16:12:03 MEST 2003

Whoops!  I asked a dumb question.  I see now normalize.quantiles can use as an
argument a matrix instead of an AffyBatch object.

Sorry about the unneccessary posting.

Hi,

I have been wondering about how to do quantile normalization of affy data for
which probe-level data is not available.  I found an answer in the mailing
list archive (see below)  but I'm afraid I can't find the vignette referred
to nor can I find any information about whatever function is wrapped by
normalize.quantiles. Can someone please give me more specifics about where to
look for help?  Basically I would like to know how (and if!) I can do
quantile normalization of data which is stored e.g.  as an R matrix not an
AffyBatch object.

I appreciate any help - thanks!

Matthew

Matthew Hobbs

Garvan Institute of Medical Research
384 Victoria St            Ph   : (02) 9295 8327
Darlinghurst
http://www.garvan.org.au        email:  m.hobbs at garvan.org.au