[BioC] Program No Responding

A.J. Rossini rossini at blindglobe.net
Tue May 20 13:43:09 MEST 2003

Lang Chen <LChen at ms.soph.uab.edu> writes:

> Hi,
>
> I am running data processing using MAS on bioconductor. And the program is
> not responding for more than 10 hours. The program has been running for 34
> hours. The drive light dose not flash. I check the task manager. The program
> is using 98% of CPU and only 228K memory. Is it still running?
>
> I ran  RMA and dchip on 54 chips before. It worked well. Does MAS have limit
> on the number of the chips?
>
> 38 chips.
> windows 2000,
> 128 M RAM
Suspect this...
> Celeron 731Mhz
> virtual memory 2.6G

I think you will need more on board memory.  I suspect that you are
constantly swapping.

best,
-tony

--
A.J. Rossini rossini at u.washington.edu http://software.biostat.washington.edu/
Biostatistics, U Washington and Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center

FHCRC:Tu: 206-667-7025 (fax=4812)|Voicemail is pretty sketchy/use Email
UW  : Th: 206-543-1044 (fax=3286)|Change last 4 digits of phone to FAX

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This e-mail message and any attachments ... {{dropped}}