[BioC] Problems installing v 1.2

A.J. Rossini rossini at blindglobe.net
Thu May 29 07:55:25 MEST 2003

"Lapointe, David" <David.Lapointe at umassmed.edu> writes:

> I had some issues with installing 1.2 ( Linux;Mandrake 9.1) also. Most
> likely fixable by me.

We probably need to mention on the WWW page:

> HDF5 did not install (see below)

HDF5 libraries -- for all platforms
> Ruuid had an error in the complilation ( clear.c had a perse error
> before } type problem)

glibc-dev packages (not sure what the RPM distro's call them)

> Graphviz I don't have installed ( it seems to want libpng.so.2, I have
> libpng.so.3 Hah!)

where to get graphviz, and that it needs to be a recent version;
libpng version is useful.

> XML had an issue trying to find parser.h.

The range of XML parsers that XML needs (and dev files).

I'll get Jeff the Debian versions (in fact, I've got a Debian package
just waiting for the 1.2 versions to drop in, so have a sense of the
requirements), but it would be nice if others could suggest for other
distributions what works...

best,
-tony

A.J. Rossini  /  rossini at u.washington.edu  /  rossini at scharp.org
Biomedical/Health Informatics and Biostatistics, University of Washington.
Biostatistics, HVTN/SCHARP, Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center.
FHCRC: 206-667-7025 (fax=4812)|Voicemail is pretty sketchy/use Email

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This e-mail message and any attachments ... {{dropped}}