[BioC] using geneplotter with my own data

Jeff Gentry jgentry at jimmy.harvard.edu
Thu May 29 21:36:24 MEST 2003

> a plot that consists only of a Y axis.  Please tell me where I'm going wrong!

> mychromlocation <- buildChromClass('H. statisticiensis', 'made it all up',
> chromList, chromLengths)

It would appear that you're using an out of date version of geneplotter.

Have you updated to release 1.2 code?

cPlot and friends still take an object of chromLocation, and there is a
function buildChromLocation which takes as an argument a data package.  If
you have your own data, you'll need to construct a data package in the
same format as our data packages.

-J