[BioC] Rgraphviz build problems

Kasper Daniel Hansen k.hansen at biostat.ku.dk
Wed Nov 12 17:25:08 MET 2003

On Wed, Nov 12, 2003 at 10:55:03AM -0500, Sean Davis wrote:
> I am having some problems building Rgraphviz.  I have installed graphviz
> from source on MacOS 10.2.8 without too much difficulty.  However, when I
> try to install Rgraphviz, I get:
<SNIP>

Without looking to closely at the output I guess it is because it doesn't find the Graphviz libraries. On my machine
they are installed to a subdirectory of the standard library directory, eg. something like /usr/lib/graphviz instead of
/usr/lib. You need to tell gcc to look in this place when searching for libraries. On Linux, this may be set by using
the environmnet variable LD_LIBRARY_PATH. To be specific, I do
# export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/lib/graphviz
# R CMD INSTALL Rgraphviz_1.0.tar.gz
(both commands executed from the same shell).
--
Kasper Daniel Hansen, Research Assistent
Department of Biostatistics, University of Copenhagen