[BioC] Rgraphviz build problems

Sean Davis sdavis2 at mail.nih.gov
Wed Nov 12 17:46:56 MET 2003

On 11/12/03 11:25 AM, "Kasper Daniel Hansen" <k.hansen at biostat.ku.dk> wrote:

> On Wed, Nov 12, 2003 at 10:55:03AM -0500, Sean Davis wrote:
>> I am having some problems building Rgraphviz.  I have installed graphviz
>> from source on MacOS 10.2.8 without too much difficulty.  However, when I
>> try to install Rgraphviz, I get:
> <SNIP>
>
> Without looking to closely at the output I guess it is because it doesn't find
> the Graphviz libraries. On my machine
> they are installed to a subdirectory of the standard library directory, eg.
> something like /usr/lib/graphviz instead of
> /usr/lib. You need to tell gcc to look in this place when searching for
> libraries. On Linux, this may be set by using
> the environmnet variable LD_LIBRARY_PATH. To be specific, I do
> # export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/lib/graphviz
> # R CMD INSTALL Rgraphviz_1.0.tar.gz
> (both commands executed from the same shell).

Thanks for the quick response.

Actually, the compile command includes dotneato-config --libs which does
point to the right directory for the graphviz libraries on my machine:

Prompt> dotneato-config --libs
-L /usr/local/lib/graphviz -ldotneato

What file is associated with -ldotneato that I should look for?

Thanks again,
Sean