[BioC] From Unigene IDs to PubMed abstracts

Robert Gentleman rgentlem at jimmy.harvard.edu
Thu Nov 20 17:52:05 MET 2003

Hi,
 there are a number of functions in the annotate package, there is a
 Vignette entitled:
    HowTo: Automated Querying of PubMed Data

 and some of the lab materials also has examples of how to do a number
 of different things like obtaining abstracts and searching them using
 regular expressions.

  Robert

On Thu, Nov 20, 2003 at 11:11:23AM -0500, John Zhang wrote:

> >Hello All, Could anybody be able to assist me in trying to use R to
> >retrieve PubMed abstracts for a list of Unigene IDs?
>
> Have a look at the "pubmed" function in package "annotate". To map UG ids to LL
> ids that are required by "pubmed", use the package "XXXXLLMappings", where XXXX
> is the name of an organism (e. g. humanLLMappings).
>

> >I thank you in advance for your kind assistance.
> >Lawrence
> >
> >_____________________________________________
> >Lawrence-Paul Petalidis
> >Department of Pathology
> >Division of Molecular Histopathology
> >University of Cambridge
> >
> >Visiting Researcher
> >Human Genome Mapping Project Resource Centre

> Jianhua Zhang
> Department of Biostatistics
> Dana-Farber Cancer Institute
> 44 Binney Street
> Boston, MA 02115-6084

| Robert Gentleman                 phone : (617) 632-5250                   |
| Associate Professor              fax:   (617)  632-2444                   |
| Department of Biostatistics      office: M1B20                            |
| Harvard School of Public Health  email: rgentlem at jimmy.harvard.edu        |