[BioC] limmaGUI: Warning: ActiveTcl could not be found...

Marcelo Luiz de Laia mlaia at fcav.unesp.br
Fri Oct 17 13:05:20 MEST 2003

James,

I install the ActiveTcl not with administrator account, but with my account.
However, I have administratives privilegies! I have full control and I am
the administrator of my computer.

When I type:

Sys.putenv("TCL_LIBRARY"="C:/Tcl/lib")
Sys.putenv("MY_TCLTK"="Yes")
addTclPath("C:/Tcl/lib")
require(tcltk)

in the R prompt, I still the warning message, but the limmaGUI start very
good. yeeeahhh!

I exit from R and restart it.

When I type require(tcltk), it is the result:

> require(tcltk)
[1] TRUE

When I type tclvalue("auto_path"), it is the result:

> tclvalue("auto_path")
[1] "{C:\\PROGRA~1\\R\\rw1071/Tcl/lib/tcl8.4} C:/PROGRA~1/R/rw1071/Tcl/lib
./lib C:/PROGRA~1/R/rw1071/Tcl/lib/tk8.4
C:/PROGRA~1/R/rw1071/library/tcltk/exec"

Does the second result seem to indicate that the path for the dir of the
ActivTcl is wrong in the registry or in R. Correct?

Do you know which is the key in the registry for the ActivTcl? I can alter
it with safety.

Thanks very good!

Marcelo