[BioC] Affy Question

Jason Skelton jps at sanger.ac.uk
Wed Oct 22 17:30:34 MEST 2003

Hi

I'm not particulary familiar with any of the affy functions in
bioconductor i'm under the impression that all of the affy functions are
based on using PM & MM values for any analysis.....

BUT

The Custom affy chip we have doesn't have Mismatches
I'd like to use Bioconductor only using the PM values from the CEL file
& was wondering if this is possible at all in bioconductor...

If so can some suggest what functions need to be used

We can extract seperately
Normalised expression values
Background
No of probes
Gene Names
P-Values

but would prefer to be able to use the CEL file directly
and preferably the raw data

Cheers

Jason

--