[BioC] Type III Sum of Squares Calculation

Subramanian Karthikeyan Subramanian_Karthikeyan at hc-sc.gc.ca
Wed Oct 22 18:07:50 MEST 2003

Thanks Mike,

Is there a way of automating the task (e.g. using Perl  or within R itself,
maybe using a loop or something like that, so that I can I do a
high-throughput analysis of several datasets, and then output/export the
result tables in an excel spreadsheet?

Any hint would be useful.

Thanks again,
Karth.

                      "Man, Michael"
                      <Michael.Man at pfiz        To:       "'Subramanian Karthikeyan'" <Subramanian_Karthikeyan at hc-sc.gc.ca>,
                      er.com>                   bioconductor at stat.math.ethz.ch
                                               cc:
                      AM

Hope this helps.  -michael

calculating type III SS
 Use Anova(lm, type = "III") in the "car" package
          C:\Program Files\R\rw1031\library\car\html\Anova.html

 (below is from Brian D. Ripley)
 Yes, but we don't tell you how to avoid leading you into a mire. See

 http://www.stats.ox.ac.uk/pub/MASS3/Exegeses.pdf.
 Most of the time drop1() does what people are using `Type III' for.
          (C:\Program Files\R\rw1031\library\base\html\add1.html)