[BioC] Help using annotation data without explicitly building data package

Sean Davis sdavis2 at mail.nih.gov
Thu Oct 23 13:26:38 MEST 2003

I would like to use some of the simple annotation aspects of Bioconductor
but have had difficulty building a full package (another question for
another day).  However, I would like to be able to use, for example,
alongchromosome from geneplotter without having to explicitly build a data
package.  I can fairly easily make an environment that contains (for this
example) chromosome location (in BP) or chromosome number mapped to my
geneIDs (from local data sources).  How can I use these simple environment
constructs rather than a data package (i.e., perhaps, what are the
conceptual and practical differences)?

Thanks in advance for any insight.

Sean

	[[alternative HTML version deleted]]