[BioC] Affy SNP array analysis

Vincent Carey 525-2265 stvjc at channing.harvard.edu
Thu Sep 11 13:48:31 MEST 2003

> As you may or may not know, Affy now has an array for SNP mapping. Are
> there plans to make a package for analyzing this sort of data, or is
> this too far afield from gene expression to fall under the Bioconductor
> umbrella?

I would say this is less a question of falling under an umbrella
(Bioconductor is directed at general computational biology) and more
a question of resources.  We have a lot of work to do to stabilize
and deploy the next release.

I have yet to see data from these SNP chips;
if there are any public resources that will help us to consider
class design and basic strategies, please let us know.  The
genotyping chips are probably a good opportunity for someone
looking to make an impact on the project.