[BioC] SNP chips

James MacDonald jmacdon at med.umich.edu
Fri Sep 12 11:22:08 MEST 2003

I just tried to make an environment, which was successful. However, I
don't have any .cel files to try read.affybatch. If anybody has a SNP
.cel file or two that they can part with, please let me know.

Conversely, I could send the environment to anybody who wants it.

Jim

James W. MacDonald
Affymetrix and cDNA Microarray Core
University of Michigan Cancer Center
1500 E. Medical Center Drive
7410 CCGC
Ann Arbor MI 48109
734-647-5623

>>> "Leslie M. Cope" <cope at mts.jhu.edu> 09/12/03 09:44AM >>>
I worked with Affy SNP chips 4 years ago.  I don't know if they are
just
the same now, but they were quite similar to the expression chips with

data stored in .cel and .cdf files in a very similar format.  I imagine

that many of the functions in the Affy package could be very quickly
adapted to SNP chips, if they don't work already.  Has anyone tried to

make a SNP cdf environment and then use read.affybatch?

Leslie Cope