[BioC] Problem reading .CEL data into R.

Stephen Nyangoma S.Nyangoma at cs.rug.nl
Thu Sep 25 17:53:40 MEST 2003

Hi all!

I have just installed R and library affy. I have already loaded
mgu74av2cdf. However when I try the following command
> Data1<-ReadAffy(x.CEL,y.CEL)

I get the following error.

> Data1
Environment mgu74av2cdf is not available.
This environment contains needed probe location information.
We will try to download and install the mgu74av2cdf package.

Note: No specified download type, defaulting to Source
[1] "Attempting to download mgu74av2cdf from BIOCcdf/"
Error in download.file(fileURL, destFile, mode = "wb", quiet = TRUE,
method =
method) :
        unsupported URL scheme
Error in inherits(cdf.env, "try-error") : Object "cdf.env" not found