[BioC] SAM and siggenes packages

perin perin at cirad.fr
Tue Apr 27 15:36:31 CEST 2004

Hi,

Thanks.
I download and install the new version of siggenes. I also added the two
lines of code to set s0 as the median of the standard deviations of the
gene and it's working now.
But, I still have a pb: I played with 6 replicates as a test but I
planned to generate only 4 replicates (2 dye swap) for  each step of my
time course experiment. So if I try with only 4 replicates instead 6 I
gave the output as follow:

SAM Analysis for the one-class case.

Warning: There are 8448 genes which have variance Zero or no non-missing
values.
         The d-value of these genes is set to NA.

There are 8448 missing d values.

Error in "[<-"(*tmp*, int, value = numeric(0)) :
        nothing to replace with
In addition: Warning messages:
1: no finite arguments to min; returning Inf
2: no finite arguments to max; returning -Inf

with the following code:

a<-median(rs.cal(salt_stress,1:4,B=1)$s)
sam.output<-sam(maM(salt_stress,salt_cl,s0=a)

Again, any idea ? (I tried with only 5 replicates and it's working ???)