[BioC] spotTypes function not available in limma?

James Wettenhall wettenhall at wehi.edu.au
Tue Apr 27 17:22:14 CEST 2004

Victor,

> 	Error: couldn't find function "spotStatus"

Actually the function that cannot be found is "spotStatus", not
"spotTypes" as indicated by your email subject line.

The spotTypes function has been replaced by the controlStatus
function.  It sounds like you have the Bioconductor 1.3 Release
version of the limma user manual.  You can upgrade to a more
recent version of limma (including recent user manual) from the
"development" section of Bioconductor or from:
http://bioinf.wehi.edu.au/limma/

> I am using Limma with the latest version of bioconductor.

It is helpful to clarify "latest version" with an actual version
number.  You can look in the DESCRIPTION file of limma or within
R, using something like:
package.description("limma")["Version"]

The latest version of Bioconductor could mean the latest
"release" version (quite old) or the latest "development"
verison.  limma also has its own website:
http://bioinf.wehi.edu.au/limma/ which should always have an
up-to-date version of limma.  You can install from there with
install.packages("limma",
  contriburl="http://bioinf.wehi.edu.au/limma")

assuming you have permission to write the first directory in
your
.libPaths()

Regards,
James