[BioC] Normalization with marray on technical replicates

Jean Yee Hwa Yang jean at biostat.ucsf.edu
Tue Aug 10 20:59:02 CEST 2004

Hi Richard,

I assume you have two technical replicate arrays and you are preforming a
scatter plot between two normalized M values. Typically, you should not
expect a correlation of 1 and you don't want to. The amount of correlation
between replicate samples M values usually depends on the number the DE
genes.  If you have very small number of DE genes you would prefer to see
very low correlation between M values.  As most of the data represents
white noise.  However, if you have a large percentage of DE genes, then
those values will drive the correlation between replicate M values and you
will observe a higher correlation.

Cheers

Jean