[BioC] @maControls in Read.Genepix

Paquet, Agnes apaquet at medsfgh.ucsf.edu
Tue Aug 10 21:41:32 CEST 2004

Dear Inma,

read.GenePix is using the function maGenControls to fill the maControls
field in your layout. To determine if a probe is a control, read.Genepix is
comparing each probe id to a look-up matrix named controlCode.

controlCode is a matrix with 2 columns named: Pattern and Name. You can
check the default controlCode by typing in R:
library(marray)
controlCode

There are several ways to specify your own controls. You could read your
controls in using the read.marrayLayout function in marray, or you can do
the following:

1. Build your own controlCode matrix and replace the existing one.
This can be done by either using the readcontrolCode function in marray or
by reading a tab-delimited text file directly.

controlCode <- as.matrix(read.table("mycontrolCode.txt",
sep="\t",header=TRUE, quote="\"", fill=TRUE)))

2. Define your controls in your marrayRaw object:
maControls(myObject) <- maGenControls(maGnames(myObject))

Best,

Agnes