[BioC] aCGH modify plotting method

James W. MacDonald jmacdon at med.umich.edu
Wed Dec 1 18:36:22 CET 2004

Christopher, Neil (NIH/NCI) wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am trying to use the aCGH package to find and plot copy number.  I would
> like to modify the function plotHmmStates so that I can control the yScale.
> However, I cannot find the source code for this function.  It is usually in
> the R directory under the package folder.  However, there is only an RDX and
> RDB file.  Are these files compressed archives of the code? If so, how can I
> access and change the code?

You can either type plotHmmStates at an R prompt, and copy paste the
function into an editor to change it, or you can download the source
file which will contain the function in the R directory.

In the first case you can simply rename the function (my.plotHmmStates
or whatever), save as my.plotHmmStates.R and source() back into your R
session. In the second case you can actually add your function and build
the package if you have all the necessary tools (or you can source() the
function as in the first case).