[BioC] Development of GCRMA-like methods

Matthew Hannah Hannah at mpimp-golm.mpg.de
Thu Feb 5 17:46:27 MET 2004

Thanks,

I guess I now need the R-devel now as the 1.0.2 version is a developmental package.

I've seen some discussions over computing time for GCRMA on here and saw that you could separate the GC background
from the expression measurements but how would this be done in practice?

Also I'm interested if anyone has got some experience of the reproducability of actual experimental treatments being improved
using GCRMA vs. RMA (ie: %of overlapping genes in multiple replicates). Basically do these methods work well for more
complex changes than are found in dilution and spike-in data sets.

Also for us R novices using windows is there likely to be a GCRMAexpress?

Matt