[BioC] Warning message in installing ROC pkg

Jeff Gentry jgentry at jimmy.harvard.edu
Mon Jan 12 16:56:22 MET 2004

> I am trying to install 'ROC' package. However, there is an error msg warning
> below:
> Warning message:
> There is no package called 'utils' in: library(package, character.only =
> TRUE, logical = TRUE, warn.conflicts = warn.conflicts,

The 'utils' package is new to R-devel, and several of our packages are now
using the revised base packages (including utils).  This error implies
that you are using BioC-devel packages, which requires now that you use
R-devel (which is going to be R-1.9).

That being said, I'm not sure where the need for utils package is coming
up in ROC - can you send me more complete output?