[BioC] affy package bug (?) - no more a problem ?

Jeff Gentry jgentry at jimmy.harvard.edu
Tue Jan 13 17:45:46 MET 2004

> the problem I had (see below) - on a different computer but with the
> same characteristics - is not happening anymore since I ve been moving
> to the very last development version of all packages required for the
> use of affy and R1.9 (Jan 12/2004).

Yes - this appears (so far) to be exactly the problem.  Robert reminded me
that there was an issue with 'pow' in the MS implementation and that steps
were being taken in R-devel to improve upon the situation ... I'm guessing
that in the time difference between the precompiled R-devel on Duncan M's
site yesterday (which was from a couple of weeks ago) and current R-devel
causes problems with compiled packages using 'pow'.

Users who are tracking R-devel on Windows by using the precompiled version
should update their R-devel.

Thanks for the patience
-J