[BioC] RE:proper pooling design

YUK FAI LEUNG yfleung at mcb.harvard.edu
Fri Jan 23 19:29:07 MET 2004

Hi,

There is another issue that comes up from my discussion with some people
about my earlier question on pooling design. It is very likely that I
can't collect all the samples in one day, not even the pooled biological
replicates. I have heard many people say that the time of collection
(i.e. day) has a great effect on resulting clustering etc. data
analysis. I guess this might be true in some cases,  although I haven't
looked into this factor seriously. I would if anyone has any experiences
on this.

If this effect is true in my case, then the variation among the
biological replicates might be larger than it should be, which I want to
avoid. Could someone suggest a sequence of sample collection based on a
proper statisical design which can avoid/minimize such collection-time
variation on data analysis?

Thanks!

Best regards,
Fai
--
Yuk Fai Leung
Department of Molecular and Cellular Biology
email: yfleung at mcb.harvard.edu; yfleung at genomicshome.com