[BioC] RE:proper pooling design

Kenny Ye kye at ams.sunysb.edu
Fri Jan 23 20:59:34 MET 2004

what is the purpose of your experiment? if it is simply comparing several
groups, speaking in the language of experimental design, you should treat
each sample collection period (i.e. days) as blocks and use randomized
block design. the blocking factor will also be included in your data
analysis (one more factor in your anova, make it two way ANOVA). here is
an introduction on the website of
http://www.itl.nist.gov/div898/handbook/pri/section3/pri332.htm

If your experiment is more complicated than one treatment factors, you
need more complicated designs. please send me personal emails.

Kenny

Kenny Ye
Assistant Professor
Department of Applied Math and Statistics
SUNY at  Stony Brook
Stony Brook, New York 11794-3600
Phone (631)632-9344
Fax   (631)632-8490