[BioC] a custom CDF file

James MacDonald jmacdon at med.umich.edu
Sat Jul 3 03:16:12 CEST 2004

It would probably be helpful if you told us exactly how you made the
cdfenv. Maybe you made a mistake somewhere along the way. Also, it might
help if you gave your R version, OS, makecdfenv version, etc.

Best,

Jim

James W. MacDonald
Affymetrix and cDNA Microarray Core
University of Michigan Cancer Center
1500 E. Medical Center Drive
7410 CCGC
Ann Arbor MI 48109
734-647-5623
>>> "Lana Schaffer" <lschaffe at gnf.org> 07/02/04 7:49 PM >>>

I have a custom cdf and have tried to follow directions to make a
cdfenv.
Apparently I still have a global environment
> is.environment(.GlobalEnv)
[1] TRUE

I have tried reading in a CEL file, but got these messages.
> abatch <- ReadAffy(widget=FALSE,celfile.path="/home/lschaffe/R")
> abatch
Error in switch(cur$what, environment = cdfFromEnvironment(cdfname,
cur$where,  :
        switch: EXPR must return a length 1 vector
AffyBatch object
size of arrays=712x712 features (3964 kb)
cdf=scrMalariaa (??? affyids)
number of samples=1
Error in switch(cur$what, environment = cdfFromEnvironment(cdfname,
cur$where,  :
        switch: EXPR must return a length 1 vector
In addition: Warning message:
missing cdf environment ! in: show(structure(list(), exprs =
structure(c(637, 9836, 554.3,

Can you help me figure out what to do from here?
Lana Schaffer