[BioC] OT: cell lines and tissues

Stefano Calza stecalza at tiscali.it
Wed Jul 7 14:02:01 CEST 2004

Hi Rohit,

this was my point. But their (and mine at the statistical analysis step)  problem is that from the normal tissue itself they cannot collect enough RNA. Then, what could be the best (or least bad)
solution?
Microdissection would bring into the normal sample a mixture of cells, not only epithelial ones. Amplifying RNA from the normal tissue (they already have the chips for th patholigical ones) would
probably bias the expression, though I guess the overall expression (or also differentially at gene level?).

Summarizing: what could be the best procedure?

TIA,
Stefano