[BioC] 2x2 factorial design in limma

Kimpel, Mark W mkimpel at iupui.edu
Mon Jul 26 02:01:39 CEST 2004

I am trying to use limma for the analysis of 2DGE proteomic data and am
having great difficulty constructing the design and contrast matrices
for a 2x2 factorial experiment. A small section of the data spreadsheet
is below. I have extracted all sorts of objects from this spreadsheet
including a matrix of only the data, a matrix of the factors, factor
names, etc. What I have not been able to do is figure out how to
translate those into the required design and contrast matrices. I am
interested in the main effects of the 2 factors as well as the
interaction between them.

Any help, including code samples, is greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Mark W. Kimpel MD
Indiana U. School of Medicine,
Indianapolis, IN

Experiment
Keratinocytes: Nutrition, JP8 2x2 Design

Factor
Nutrition
High
High