[BioC] Downloading Data from SMD

Jeremy Gollub jgollub at genome.stanford.edu
Wed Jun 2 17:39:02 CEST 2004

Hi, Ian -

I'm a newcomer to BioConductor, but I've been working at SMD for quite a
while now.

SMD changed the headers in these files some time ago (around 9/03).  It's
possible limma has not caught up.  (We switched from using database field
names to more human readable headers.)

Also, you've got a "raw data" file containing meta-information at the
top.  I expect limma deals with this, since it hasn't changed in quite a
while, but it's conceivable that that's the problem.

You might try removing the meta-information, and then use read.maimages
again, with and without columns specified.

Perhaps someone more familiar with limma can provide more help from the
other end.

Cordially,

--
Jeremy Gollub, Ph.D.