[BioC] SparseM not found

Jeff Gentry jgentry at jimmy.harvard.edu
Thu Jun 3 20:51:37 CEST 2004

> I've just reied to install thegraph packages, but the installation of
> the suggested package sparseM failed - not found ...

>         cannot open URL
> `http://www.bioconductor.org//CRANrepository/./SparseM_0.34.zip'

Does your webserver have an overactive cache perhaps?  The version of
SparseM in our CRAN repository is 0.37 (and I just checked what's on the
actual web server and ran it from 3 different machines and it attempted to
download 0.37 when prompted while installing graph package) - however the
CRAN repository was just updated the other day for the first time in a
couple weeks and the version that was available then was 0.34.  If you're
getting a cached version of the repository meta-files, then that would
cause the bad links.

-J