[BioC] affylmGUI

James Wettenhall wettenhall at wehi.edu.au
Mon Jun 14 05:50:32 CEST 2004

Roger,

On Sun, 13 Jun 2004, Roger Vallejo wrote:
> I am trying to use affylmGUI in SUN OS 5.8 and did not succeed.
<snip>

> > library(affylmGUI)
> > affylmGUI
>
> I am using Xterm Exceed.

Sorry, I'm not familiar with "Exceed", but you should be able
to run affylmGUI from an xterm.  The line:
> affylmGUI
looks wrong.  It should be affylmGUI().  But maybe this is just
a copy-paste error between R and your email software.  Please
let me know what errors (if any) you get from the following:
library(limma)
library(affy)
library(tcltk)
tclRequire("Tktable") # after running library(tcltk)
tclRequire("BWidget") # after running library(tcltk)
tclvalue("auto_path")
library(affylmGUI)

I used to have an automatic message box, asking "Start affylmGUI
(Yes/no) ?" after loading library(affylmGUI), but this would
mean that the entire affylmGUI() program was run before
finishing the initialization function for the affylmGUI
package (.First.lib()) and this seemed to cause problems on
some operating systems, so at the moment, on non-Windows systems,
you have to type or copy/paste:
affylmGUI()

I do most of my testing on Windows, but I do have access to
Fedora Linux (and with a bit of effort, maybe I could try
installing R etc. on a SUN machine...)

Regards,
James

James Wettenhall                                  Tel: (+61 3) 9345 2629
Division of Genetics and Bioinformatics           Fax: (+61 3) 9347 0852
The Walter & Eliza Hall Institute         E-mail: wettenhall at wehi.edu.au
 of Medical Research,                     Mobile: (+61 / 0 ) 438 527 921
1G Royal Parade,
Parkville, Vic 3050, Australia
http://www.wehi.edu.au