[BioC] R packages for Proteomics/Mass Spectrometry on sourceforge.

Wolski wolski at molgen.mpg.de
Mon Jun 14 14:59:51 CEST 2004

Hi BioC users!

Would like to point your attention to some packages for mass spectrometry.

mscalib           Calibration and filtering methods for peak-lists /PMF Data  (S3 package on CRAN)
msbase           Pairwise peaklists comparison/S4, set operations on peaklists.   (working but still some documentation missing therefore not on bioconductor.)
msmascot       searching PMF peak-lists against a LOCAL installation of the mascot 1.8.0 search server from within R. (is working but missing documentation)
mscalib           S4 classes same as mscalib  (see above under development pre-alpha)
and some more...

All the sources are checked in the cvs at sourceforge.
http://r4proteomics.sourceforge.net

I see that I by myself can not do all the development, documentation,
bug fixes for all this packages to get them ready for submission to bioconductor.
A lot of work, and functionality is already there. Everyone who would like to use them and to help in
return to prepare releases for bioconductor is welcome.

The packages (msbase,mscalib/S3, msmascot) are running.
I use them a lot, but there is of course still a lot of optimization,
refactoring necessary and the docu is missing before submitting to bioconductor.

The "build" of the packages are intended to be (in (near?) future) submitted and hopefully accepted at Bioconductor.

Sincerely
Eryk.

Dipl. bio-chem. Eryk Witold Wolski    @    MPI-Moleculare Genetic
Ihnestrasse 63-73 14195 Berlin       'v'
tel: 0049-30-83875219               /   \
mail: wolski at molgen.mpg.de        ---W-W----    http://www.molgen.mpg.de/~wolski