[BioC] affylmGUI gene list from Venn diagram, was: (no subject)

James Wettenhall wettenhall at wehi.edu.au
Sun Jun 20 06:37:40 CEST 2004

Simon,

Please check your steps one and a time and find out where
the '100' comes from.  I would suspect that you have
accidentally defined tstat from the ?vennCounts example in
limma instead of using:
tstat <- ContrastParameterizationList[[1]]$eb$t
as described in affylmGUI/doc/extract.pdf.

Here's an example where I run classifyTestsF
on a file "EstrogenContrastsComputed.lma" which I have saved
from affylmGUI:

> library(affy)  # for getCdfInfo method
> load("EstrogenContrastsComputed.lma")
> tstat <- ContrastParameterizationList[[1]]$eb$t
> nrow(tstat)
[1] 12625
> clas <- classifyTestsF(tstat,df=10,p.value=0.05)
> nrow(clas)
[1] 12625

> clas[1:10,] # Just look at the first ten rows.
        Contrast1 Contrast2 Contrast3
   [1,]         0         0         0
   [2,]         0         0         0
   [3,]         0         0         0
   [4,]         0         0         0
   [5,]         0         0         0
   [6,]         0         0         0
   [7,]        -1        -1        -1
   [8,]         0         0         0
   [9,]         0         0         0
  [10,]         0         0         0

We see that the 7th gene (out of 12625) is down-regulated in all
three contrasts.  To find out which gene that is look at
geneIDs, e.g. defined from getCdfInfo(RawAffyData) or use
data.frame(geneIDs,clas)
to combine the geneIDs with the classification.

Hope this helps,
James