[BioC] Error when using spacialLayout in package arrayMagic

Irene Li cdbox_262 at hotmail.com
Tue Jun 22 03:24:37 CEST 2004

Hi,

I’ve just started learning Bioconductor. I downloaded the data
lc7b048rex2.DAT from http://llmpp.nih.gov/lymphoma/ . When I tried to view
the special homogenueity of hybridization, this was the error I’ve got:
>x=read.delim(“lc7b048rex2.DAT”) bg1<- spatialLayout(value=x$CH1B,
>row=x$ROW, col=x$COL, block=x$GRID)
Error in if (totalNumberOfValues%%(max(col) * nrOfBlocksPerRow) != 0) { :
        missing value where TRUE/FALSE needed

Then I got rid of the text information in the first 7 rows
>xx<-x[8:9223,]
>bg2<- spatialLayout(value=xx$CH1B, row=xx$ROW, col=xx$COL, block=xx$GRID)
Warning messages:
1: "-" not meaningful for factors in: Ops.factor(block, 1)
2: "-" not meaningful for factors in: Ops.factor(block, 1)

I had the same error massage even when I specified nrOfBlocksPerRow as 1 or
8 instead of the default value of 4. Every tuple of bg2 now has a value of
“NA”. Of course, I cannot plot bg2 using plot.imageMatrix(…).

How can I get the spatial layout of the background?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Many thanks.

Irene

Married. http://lifeevents.msn.com/category.aspx?cid=married