[BioC] Error when using spacialLayout in package arrayMagic

Andreas Buness a.buness at dkfz-heidelberg.de
Tue Jun 22 10:55:17 CEST 2004

Hi Irene,

if you use the following lines it should work.

x <- read.delim(file="lc7b048rex2.DAT", skip=8, header=FALSE)
xHeader<- scan(file="lc7b048rex2.DAT", nlines=1, what="character", sep="\t")
colnames(x) <- xHeader
library(arrayMagic)
bg1<- spatialLayout(value=x$CH1B, row=x$ROW, col=x$COL, block=x$GRID)
plot.imageMatrix(bg1)

Your subsetting operation xx<-x[8:9223,]  does have a different effect;
e.g. try:
str(xx)

Nevertheless I have not been aware that I always used already processed
ScanAlyze files,
such that the example in arrayMagic does not work with the original data
files. I will
clarify this.

Best Regards
Andreas