[BioC] regarding saving R graphis images directly to directory

Kasper Daniel Hansen k.hansen at biostat.ku.dk
Tue Jun 22 23:23:29 CEST 2004

On Tue, Jun 22, 2004 at 07:19:55AM -0700, SAURIN wrote:
> here, I have solved my problem with post script option, but we have more than one R scrpt writers
> who writes on one centralized server and execute so, its like limiting jpeg option to everyone. is
> there anything else can be done for X11 authentication problem over remote access of machine and
> executing R scripts?
>
> I highly appreciate your help in this,

You have different devices available like postscript, jpeg and png. If
you are not able to get access to a remote X connection, you will not be
able to use the X11 device.

If you just have problems, I suggest approaching your local sysadmin
with the problem. Just tell him/her that you want access to X - this has
basically nothing to do with bioconductor. Provided you are using *NIX
at both ends, and using ssh to login, you can just do a
# ssh -X username at server
This requires that the X server on the server allows X forwarding.

I cannot really help without knowing more details about the server OS
and the method you are using to get access to the server.

/Kasper