[BioC] limma, background correction and duplicate spots

Helen Cattan helen.cattan at jenner.ac.uk
Thu Mar 18 00:35:57 MET 2004

Hi,

I am using limma for the first time and have a dataset that has some
negative values once the background has been subtracted from the spots.
These are in duplicate so I am using the dupcor.series method. This
works ok until I try and add in the backgroundCorrect method=minimum and
then I get the following error:

Error in array(val[["varBeta"]], c(rnkm1, rnkm1), list(namCoef,
namCoef)) :
        length of dimnames[1] not equal to array extent

Firstly will it make any difference to the order of my differentially
expressed genes to perform some type of background correction, if so
what does the error message mean? and secondly what kind of values in
the top table am I looking for? The highest B value I have is -0.6
(without any background correction) which seems really low - is this any
good?
Any help is appreciated,

Helen

-----
Helen Cattan <helen.cattan at jenner.ac.uk>
Bioinformatics
The Edward Jenner Institute for Vaccine Research
Compton, Newbury, Berkshire, RG20 7NN UK
Tel +44 (0)1635 577968 / Fax +44 (0)1635 577908

	[[alternative HTML version deleted]]