[BioC] installing affy

Enrico Carlon enrico.carlon at iemn.univ-lille1.fr
Thu Mar 25 11:10:34 CET 2004

Hello,

I am having troubles installing the package "affy".
I first start 'R' and from there I type in the commands source()
and getBioC() with the appropriate arguments as shown below.
I got the following output:
%
% R : Copyright 2003, The R Foundation for Statistical Computing
% Version 1.8.1  (2003-11-21), ISBN 3-900051-00-3
%
% R is free software and comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY.
% You are welcome to redistribute it under certain conditions.
% Type 'license()' or 'licence()' for distribution details.
%
% R is a collaborative project with many contributors.
% Type 'contributors()' for more information and
% 'citation()' on how to cite R in publications.
%
% Type 'demo()' for some demos, 'help()' for on-line help, or
% 'help.start()' for a HTML browser interface to help.
% Type 'q()' to quit R.
%
% > source("http://www.bioconductor.org/getBioC.R")
% > getBioC("affy")
% Running getBioC version 1.2.52....
% If you encounter problems, first make sure that
% you are running the latest version of getBioC()
% which can be found at: www.bioconductor.org/getBioC.R
%
% Please direct any concerns or questions to bioconductor at stat.math.ethz.ch.
%
% Warning message:
% cannot open: HTTP status was `0 (null)'
% Error in getReposTools(relLevel, PLATFORM, destdir, method = method, bioCoption = bioCoption) :
%         Could not get the required package reposTools
%

What is going wrong?
Thanks for the help, with best regards,

Enrico Carlon