[BioC] installing affy

Jeff Gentry jgentry at jimmy.harvard.edu
Thu Mar 25 21:23:26 CET 2004

> % Warning message:
> % cannot open: HTTP status was `0 (null)'
> % Error in getReposTools(relLevel, PLATFORM, destdir, method = method, bioCoption = bioCoption) :
> %         Could not get the required package reposTools
> What is going wrong?

My initial thought was that there was some sort of problem with your R's
internet configuration, that's typically what this tends to be caused
by.  However, the getBioC script actually checks before it starts
downloading things that it can connect to bioconductor.org so this doesn't
seem to be the case, but I can't think of what else it might
be.  Basically that error you got is generated because the URL it was
using to get to the package was invalid.

Can you try reviewing this question in the R FAQ:
http://cran.r-project.org/bin/windows/rw-FAQ.html#The%20internet%20download%20functions%20fail.

And see if that helps?

It is also possible that this is a transient problem w/ internet
connectivity, does this problem still happen?

Thanks
-J