[BioC] Normalization of Intensities

Naomi Altman naomi at stat.psu.edu
Sun May 16 17:45:05 CEST 2004

You should probably use expresso, justRMA or gcrma to normalize these
data.  You should be using the "affy" library, not the marray library.

If you really prefer loess and if the arrays are paired with one treatment
and one control in each rep you can do the following:

M= log(trt)-log(ctrl)
A=(log(trt)+log(ctrl))/2

loess.out=loess(M~A)
norm.data=loess.out$residual

You will get one normalized value for each gene for each rep.

To get more help on loess, just type "?loess", as I have not given you all
the options.

--Naomi