[BioC] hexbin package 1.1-4

Nicholas Lewin-Koh nikko at hailmail.net
Fri Nov 5 15:06:22 CET 2004

Hi
Can you try on the command line in your unix shell
% R CMD INSTALL hexbin_1.1-4.tar.gz

And let us know what the error messages are? I need to know if it is a
fortran problem, R code , examples documentation, .....
There are a gizillion reasons why it could fail without more to go on it
is hard to help.

Nicholas

>ulas wrote:
I run R on MACOSX, and i have tried to install it from source local
package file (tarball) that i have downloaded from

The only error message i am getting is:
 > install.from.file()
npackage installation failed

I am sure that the tarball i have downloaded was complete.
I have tried to unzip/untar it and have tried to do it from a local
source directory, it failed as well.
thanks.

http://www.bioconductor.org/repository/devel/package/Source/hexbin_1.1
>> -4.tar.gz
>>
>> for some reason, it fails for me.
>
>  In which of the several million different possible ways? It would
>  help if you 1) read the posting guide and 2) provided a proper bug
>  report.
>

>> What is the problem with  the old version, 1.0.10?
>> thanks.

> --

> -----+
> | Robert Gentleman                 phone : (617)
632-5250
> | Associate Professor              fax:   (617)
632-2444
> | Department of Biostatistics      office:
M1B20
rgentlem at jimmy.harvard.edu