[BioC] affy segmentation fault

Sucheta Tripathy sutripa at vbi.vt.edu
Tue Nov 9 22:46:03 CET 2004

I know we have been cluttering this mailing list with this question over
and again. The reason I want to ask again is after seeing the segmentation
fault error, I found it says 340000 KB to be the size it needs.

What puzzles me is our memory is way beyond that(almost 5 GB with 10 GB
swap memory).

After trying all the remedies, it still fails. Can anyone suggest if in
the source where the exact memory allocation takes place, how much is
fixed to be the size. Can we not increase it? Or to begin with which
version of affy package has a fix for it.

Thanks in advance.

Sucheta

--
Sucheta Tripathy
Virginia Bioinformatics Institute Phase-I