[BioC] affy segmentation fault

Adaikalavan Ramasamy ramasamy at cancer.org.uk
Tue Nov 9 23:46:04 CET 2004

I just checked the mailing archives. You sent 2 mails in Novembers
(excluding this) and 2 in October but none of them talk about
segmentation fault error. Perhaps you can explain who "we" are or better
yet state the problem or link to past mail (perhaps from
https://stat.ethz.ch/pipermail/bioconductor/).

Start from a clean R session and see if you can repeat the problem.
Next, reduce the number of arrays till you find out how many arrays your
machine can handle. Try just.rma or just.gcrma. Also search the mailing
archives. These are all guesses.

Note that although 5 GB is available to a machine, there might be a
limit to how much each process/user can have access to. Speak to your
system administrator about any such limitation.

Regards, Adai