[BioC] affy segmentation fault

Adaikalavan Ramasamy ramasamy at cancer.org.uk
Wed Nov 10 09:16:32 CET 2004

A normal installation procedure for me would be something like :

make clean   # or make distclean if you tried configuring before
./configure --prefix=/home/adai/R
make
make check
make install

There are variants of versions of 'make check' such as 'make check-all'
which are more comprehensive testing (see page 3 of R-admin).

I do not know comprehend the flags and various options. If there is an
error or problem, I usually get my system administrator involved and
failing that I would try R-help mailing which is the more appropriate
place.

And when you email R-help, please mention some vital information such as
your operating system (and kernel), gcc version, R version. Have you
tried checking R-help or BioC mailing archives ?

BTW, does Ben Bolstad's reply about affy 1.6.0. answer your question ?