[BioC] can't get release hexbin source package

Darlene Goldstein Darlene.Goldstein at epfl.ch
Wed Nov 10 18:39:10 CET 2004

Hi,

the arrayQuality package requires hexbin.  I have installed on a windows machine
and it all works fine, but when the systems administrator tried to get the
release hexbin 1.0.10 to install on the linux machines, he ran into the
'forbidden' zone; he says:

I cannot install "hexbin" (I can't even download it:
`hexbin_1.0.10.tar.gz'
Resolving bioconductor.org... done.
Connecting to bioconductor.org[155.52.45.54]:80... connected.
HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 403 Forbidden
13:53:40 ERROR 403: Forbidden. )

If I go to /repository/release1.5/package/Source/ and click hexbin_1.0.10.tar.gz
I get the message:

Forbidden
You don't have permission to access
/repository/release1.5/package/Source/hexbin_1.0.10.tar.gz on this server.

The link to the source package does not seem to go to any package.  Is there in
fact a source package somewhere?  From what I can tell with my explorations on
the windows side, the only version of hexbin that will work with arrayQuality is
1.0.10.  The devel version produces errors, and the old release 1.0.8 doesn't
work with R 2.0.0.

Please point me in the right direction.......Thanks!  Darlene

--
Darlene Goldstein
Institute of Mathematics, EPFL            Tel: +41 21 693 2552