[BioC] Graph/Rgraphviz question--combining graphs

Robert Gentleman rgentlem at jimmy.harvard.edu
Fri Nov 12 18:42:38 CET 2004

On Fri, Nov 12, 2004 at 12:01:41PM -0500, Sean Davis wrote:
> I have a list of graphs that I would like to join.  I haven't quite
> figured out how to add them sequentially.  I know of the join()
> function.  I can just loop over this recursively, but is there a more
> elegant way?

  that is about the only way, for now, join is binary.

  If the relationships (edges) are simple, you could transform all
  graphs to their adjacency matrix representation, then do the
  operations on matrices and transform the result back.

  Robert

> Thanks,
> Sean

| Robert Gentleman                 phone : (617) 632-5250                   |
| Associate Professor              fax:   (617)  632-2444                   |
| Department of Biostatistics      office: M1B20                            |
| Harvard School of Public Health  email: rgentlem at jimmy.harvard.edu        |