[BioC] ChromoViz does not work

Wolfgang Huber huber at ebi.ac.uk
Thu Nov 18 14:58:07 CET 2004

Hi Michael,

well, I guess that's the meaning of the "open development" clause in the
FAQs "What is Bioconductor?": Bioconductor is an open source and open
development software project ...

Apart from some minimal formal standards, there is no centralized
package reviewing or QC authority - it is done in a decentral manner by
the users via their feedback on this mailing list and "by voting with
their feet".

Note that there are a number of nice facilities for plotting data along
chromosomes in the geneplotter package.

  Best wishes
   Wolfgang

Auer Michael wrote:
> The package ChromoViz needs an object of CVF (Chromosomal Visualization
> Format) which can only be obtained by uploading a file onto the site
> http://www.snubi.org/software/ChromoViz/
> When doing this with the example data set on the site with the example
> provided below an error ocurrs
> Software error:
> Failed connect DB :
>
> For help, please send mail to the webmaster (hostmaster at snubi.org), giving
> this error message and the time and date of the error.
>
> I have emaild several times to this email but it does not exist. I have
> also tried other emails provided on the site but no one would answer. If
> the problem is not being solved I suggest taking the package from the
> bioconductor site because I spent a lot of time trying to solve the
> problem and I do not want others to make the same mistake!!!!!!
>
> NM_020299          4.3
> NM_003718          5.5
> NM_004874          11.1
> NM_020647          23.4