[BioC] tkrplot in R2.0 on Mac OS X

James Wettenhall wettenhall at wehi.edu.au
Tue Nov 23 00:18:08 CET 2004

Hi Rahul,

I have found tkrplot to be a little tricky to build from source
on MacOS X.  The reasons for using tkrplot in limmaGUI and
affylmGUI were actually only relevant to the Windows operating
system when using the MDI (Multiple Document Interface) for R,
(avoiding R graphics device and Tk windows "fighting" over which
window was on top / focussed).

So in the latest affylmGUI, (post-BioC release), you can choose
whether to use tkrplot or the regular R graphics device (Quartz
for Mac?) from the Plot menu, and on on Mac, the regular R
graphics device should be the default now.

The latest affylmGUI is at
http://bioinf.wehi.edu.au/affylmGUI/

Perhaps tkrplot will be phased out of limmaGUI and affylmGUI
eventually - especially as the plots cannot be resized by
dragging a corner.

Regards,
James